Friday, November 6, 2009

avoid

for the most part, i feel like i do things in an efficient manner. and when i want to do something, i do it. want to go to a concert? i will figure out how to get there and buy tickets for the team. complain you haven't seen me in forever? i'll pick a time to meet. i feel like efficiency is something i'm pretty good at.
efficiency, though, only occurs when i WANT to do something. when i don't want to do something, or feel it would take all too much effort, i am the master avoider. i will put off fixing things that are broken, cooking an actual meal for DAYS at a time, and general household/life maintenance. these avoidances finally got too much for me to handle, so i fixed some. here are these, my least favorite activities that i finally manned-up and got to doing.
- system recovery on my laptop. it's been broken for about two months now, completely out of comission by a nasty terrible virus. i've had this disk (it was the second one i ordered) for over a week. i'm just now getting my computer fixed. mostly because i'm tired of what's on my ipod. and, for those of you i talk to on a regular basis, you never have to hear about my broken computer again! (i hope)
- dealing with pants that are too long. as a short girl, this will always be a struggle. got a phenomenal pair of jeans that were 4 inches too long. yep, 4 inches. rocked the heat n bond hem. i felt domestic.
- changed my billing address with bank of america. once again, they screwed me. i couldn't just change it online, i had to hand write a letter with my signature. this seems like a bush-league operation for BoA.
items that i still haven't done, and have lived here for a month now:
- unclog my drain. yep, it's gross. i know it. i try not to think about it.
- hung up my own shower curtain. i have a cute one, but next to fixing things on my computer, it is my least favorite household activity to do. it always takes too long. i have a shower curtain that sucks and came with my apartment, but i currently have no reason to change it.
- put together: a stool, a side table, a organization thing. all ikea. and, considering the amount of posts i've dedicated to the ikea situation, there no further explanation is needed.

at this point, the only reason i will do these activities is if someone sleeps at my house. and, since i have an air mattress, i feel like these things won't ever get done until i move again.

...so, looks like i'll go to a new coffee shop instead.

here's to avoidance.

2 comments:

brelin rismiller said...

i love hanging the shower curtain! it's a wonderful opportunity to balance on the edge of the tub, "hanging from the rafters"... you can pretend you're tall, and once it's done, you can be so happy about it being finished. p.s. UNCLOG YOUR DRAIN. sick. you just have to dump some dumb dran-o down it. ugh. imagine what you're...?! yuck.

Weakley said...

i know, it's gross. i wrote it for your shock factor. hehe.